Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things That Make Me Go "Yawn!"

Saw this in the morning e-news pile. I call it "news" in the technical sense of the word in that a news service had to type something up and send it out. Otherwise, not a real surprise to ... well, anyone. Frankly, if the news services want to take my mind off of the global economy meltdown, they are going to have to try much harder. How hard? A story about a monkey, dressed as a jockey, riding a Saint Bernard winning the Kentucky Derby would be about right.

Leslie Gornstein, who writes for E!, had an interesting take on the impact of coming out of the closet. The hestitation, she claims, stems in part from the fact that people don't like feeling as though they are being lied to. As she put it, just sing me your song, but don't lie to me. Given the way that some fans have reacted, I think she may be right.

Personally, the instant he took part in the recent fertilization fiasco with his female friend, I knew something was up.

No comments: